Adrian grew up on the other side of the country in North Carolina. He played varsity baseball through high school, though he generally skipped the off season days calling for weight training that wasn’t the bench press. In college, he took up surfing and, when his friend Charles tried to get him to go to this new thing he’d discovered called, “CrossFit,” Adrian took one look at the crazy people doing weird, intense movements and passed. It took a few years and a lot of different athletic pursuits before he became one of those crazy people himself. He started doing CrossFit in 2011 and hasn’t looked back since. Adrian’s favorite part of coaching is helping people achieve physical goals they never thought possible.
CrossFit Level 1
- Quote: “I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.” - Thomas Jefferson
- Favorite Workout: Anything that plays to my strengths. Cleans. Wall Balls. Double Unders. Squats. / Least Favorite Workout: Any cardio not involving a heavy barbell.
- Favorite Movement: Anything with a weird object. Sleds. Tires. Sandbags. Ropes. Also, the Back Squat.
- Favorite Cheat Meal: Pizza always and forever.
- Interesting Fact about Adrian: When not at CrossFit, he produces movie marketing videos with people like Ryan Gosling, Charlize Theron, and LEGO Batman.
- Favorite Super Hero: The Rock in the Fast and Furious movies. Not technically a superhero, but he did shove a missile into a bad guy’s truck with his bare hands in the last one... while hanging out of a car driving super fast on ice. I think we can all agree that's super heroic.