When you think of a CrossFit athlete, certain words probably come to mind such as “endurance” or “discipline” or “six pack.” None of those terms really have anything to do with Kelly but they sure do add a little something to the bio and perhaps they’ll fool a reader who is just skimming this one? Make no mistake, Kelly loves CrossFit and being challenged by the daily WOD. She appreciates the ease with which she can farmers carry her cat litter home from the grocery store and she delights in the feeling of smashing an old PR, but she also recognizes the importance of not taking oneself too seriously. In fact you can probably catch her dancing mid-workout if the music playlist is on point. Her love of exercise began at a young age, nurtured by a childhood full of “you know what… just go play outside you’re really testing me” moments. Running, bike riding, and exploring were all better than whatever her sister was doing inside anyway, Stefanie you absolute brat. Kelly also practiced gymnastics as a teenager and in college she dabbled in Muay Thai and half-marathon running (which she will never do again please don’t ask her to run a 5k with you or any race for that matter.)
As the manager of Depot Sunset, Kelly’s main focus is to maintain a fun and community-centric environment for members. Her philosophy is that the gym can and should be a place for people to destress, cultivate friendships and feel at home. She wants athletes to come in for both the workout and for the company. And that’s what she loves most about CrossFit- the sense of community and support, especially during a workout, and the notion that others’ achievements and victories belong to everyone. Everyone suffers together and conquers together. When Kelly isn’t at Depot, you can most likely find her at home baking up a storm, reading Fantasy and Sci-Fi novels or simply writing in the third person.
- Quote: "Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” -Michael Scott
- Favorite Workout: Annie / Least Favorite Workout: Anything involving rowing
- Favorite Movement: Squats and power cleans
- Favorite Cheat Meal: Soft pretzels
- Interesting Fact about Kelly: I still get Netflix DVDs in the mail.
- Favorite Super Hero: The Punisher. I know he’s an anti-hero but I love vigilante justice. (Don’t judge me. Or do. I’m not the boss of you.)