As a youngster, Lauren enjoyed many sports, but most of her energy went into Soccer and Track & Field. In high school, she played Soccer and did Track & Field competing in the 100m, 200m, 4x100m and High Jump. She also led her high school’s Varsity Yell Cheerleading team.
When attending Occidental College, Lauren studied Psychology and found herself drawn to Health Psychology and the interconnections between physical wellness and psychological wellbeing. Her studies affirmed for her what she already gleaned from her own experiences: the physical and the psychological are not two separate entities; rather they are inextricable linked to one another. With this understanding in mind, Lauren returned to school and earned her Masters in Social Work and now helps individuals achieve their goals through fitness and lifestyle coaching.
In 2013, Lauren found her way into a Crossfit gym. “I came in looking for something new and challenging. I thought I was in good shape when I started, but that WOD kicked my a**! It woke me up to how complacent I was being with my fitness. CrossFit as a sport is all about personal growth. This community functions to help each individual improve themselves. My body and mind have been shaped Crossfit and I am now capable of so much more than I ever thought possible.”
CrossFit Level 1
ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- Quote: "The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." - Socrates
- Favorite Workout: Cindy / Least Favorite Workout: Anything with thrusters
- Favorite Movement: Overhead Lunges and Turkish Get-Ups.
- Favorite Cheat Meal: ICE CREAM!!!
- Interesting Fact about Lauren: As a child, I hated avocados.
- Favorite Super Hero: Cheetara